2018 is here and we have a few fitness tips to make sure you get off to a great start and then keep it going! Some of the keys to reaching your fitness goals lie in the art of being over prepared and setting the correct expectations. We have found that if you take care of the little things that support your goals, you will be more likely to start and continue to make fitness a positive part of your life
- Think of your fitness as a journey, not an end result or destination. If you think about your personal fitness as a journey, you are going to be more adaptable and also enjoy your progress along the way. If you only focus on the end goal or quick results, the bumps in the road will knock you off course; if the journey is the key, a few course changes is all part of the process and you will always keep moving forward.
- Grab your Favorite book, podcast or playlist. If you need to find inspiration to work out, try to combine it with something you love. Save that next chapter for the bike or your next inspirational podcast for the treadmill. If you can meld working out with doing something you enjoy, you will be more apt to look forward to getting to the gym.
- Put your workouts in your calendar as important appointments. Waiting for just the right time to work out is probably not the best idea. You are making an investment in your future self so don’t let anything get in the way. Once the work out is booked stick to it and check it off your list when it’s done.
- Start slow! Your best chance for success when adding fitness to your life is to start slow. This is not a race to see who can finish first but who can keep going. A slow start allows your body to reap the rewards without feeling overly sore or risking injury. Whatever you think is moderate for you take another 10% off and you’re starting to get the idea.
- Meet with a Personal Trainer to get a program designed for you. Trainers are there to listen to your specific needs and find a plan that works for your lifestyle. What you learn from the trainer will not only set the foundation for years of success, but it will help give you a friendly connection along the way that is always there to help and encourage.
Our team at Vermont Sport & Fitness is excited to be your guide in 2018.
let’s enjoy the journey..