We are excited to be re-opening on June 1st! The VS&F team is ready and looking forward to having you back.
We will all have to make a few adjustments, but our goal is to make them as unobtrusive as possible while keeping everyone safe. You can find detailed club re-opening guidelines on our blog post, which we will be updating as things evolve. But here are some highlights.
Club safety guidelines, based on CDC recommendations:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or hand sanitizer, before using the club. Sanitizer is located directly in front of you as you enter the lobby.
- Avoid close contact: stay at least 6 feet from other people.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a face covering: it is recommended that you wear a face covering when around others. You may remove it when exercising as long as you are able to maintain a 6 foot distance from others. Also wear one when you are closer than 6 feet from other people, such as when spotting.
- Cover coughs and sneezes: cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow, then wash your hands.
- Wipe down your equipment: before and after every use with provided spray bottles.
- Monitor your health: watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19 and do not come in to the club if you have any.
New club procedures to be aware of:
- Check-in: all members must check in using their key fob for each visit, including use of outdoor tennis courts. We will no longer have a paper sign-in sheet.
- Online class signup: registration in advance for all classes is now required for all participants. You may also call to have your name added at the front desk. In person and live-streaming classes will start the week of June 8th.
- Water fountain for water bottles only: you may no longer drink directly from the water fountain, but you can bring your water bottle and use the fountain to refill it. Also waters will still be available for purchase.
- House charge account: we are moving toward conducting all transactions at the front desk using a payment method on file. If you don’t have a house charge account we will help you set it up. Cash and credit cards will still be accepted.
- Limit locker room use: please limit locker room use to the absolute minimum necessary. There will be no shared locker use during this phase, you may rent a dedicated locker if you wish.
Membership questions? Please contact Leslie Doenges directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at the club and she will call you back as soon as she is able, to answer any questions.
Health, safety, sanitization questions? Please contact Dan Doenges directly at email@example.com or leave a message at the club and he will return your call as soon as possible.
Modified Summer Hours at VS&F
Monday-Friday 5:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Vermont Sport & Fitness is uniquely prepared to meet your fitness needs now and into the future.
- Size: Vermont Sport & Fitness is 37,000 square feet. Our large size and open spaces position us extremely well to adapt to the current times. The club has never operated over 25% capacity. The space will allow us to keep our 6 feet distancing for as long as needed.
- Staff: Vermont Sport & Fitness has a very professional and dedicated staff. With over 100+ years of combined health and fitness experience we have learned to pay attention to the details and have a professional approach to fitness. Our team is just what is needed to create a safe and enjoyable space for you to achieve your goals!
- Community: Before COVID-19 VS&F members already had a tremendous amount of respect for each other. We were, and are, a community of people with a common goal. With continued respect, understanding, and a shared vision, we know that we are well positioned to thrive together in challenging times.